Everyone with gas appliances should have a carbon monoxide detector

   If you have any gas appliances in your home, you should have a carbon monoxide detector. Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, so outside a detector, you aren’t going to know you have an issue until it’s too late. Carbon monoxide can cause headaches, nausea, fatigue, shortness of breath and dizziness at 200 parts per million. The government says that an eight hour exposure of just 35 PPM can be harmful.

   If you have gas appliances go purchase a carbon monoxide detector today! If you haven’t had your gas heat serviced in years, it is worth your while to have it checked up. Inside gas heating units you will find what’s called a heat exchanger. Unfortunately, heat exchangers can deteriorate allowing carbon monoxide directly into your home.
 

 Owning your own home allows you to control when the HVAC is serviced. If you’re renting, it may never be serviced and only repaired when it breaks.